The Experience Coordinator is on the front lines of ensuring that every IFM customer is happy and satisfied. The Coordinator serves as a primary point of contact for incoming phone and email communications from IFM customers—including patients, practitioners, students, industry contacts, and other members of the ecosystem—and provides exceptional, white glove customer service in every phone, email, and in-person interaction. This role will contribute to, support, and implement projects related to IFM’s Experience Team goals. It requires an understanding of customer service best practices, a positive demeanor, skills in organization, collaboration, and communication, and the ability to develop a working knowledge of IFM’s products, services, and departmental functions. In this role, the Experience Coordinator will work independently and as part of a team, interacting across all of IFM and using common sense, organizational knowledge and expertise to solve problems, relying on regular communication with the Manager. A capacity to apply a sense of urgency to tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining supreme attention to detail and a creative eye are also integral qualities.
- Provide excellent, relationship-driven customer service while working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Process transactions for conferences and products available on our website, accurately applying discount codes as appropriate.
- Become an expert in and uphold all company policies and best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of systems and the ability to troubleshoot basic technical account issues.
- Maintain a weekly phone and email log that provides information on customer inquiries.
- Distill qualitative information into weekly quantitative reports to summarize customer interactions at a high level.
- Update and create internal SOPs for new or revised systems or processes used when working with customers.
- Create and update documents with common responses to repeat questions received from customers for shared internal use.
- Collect information on all IFM products and be able to find that information swiftly when responding to customers.
- Identify gaps in processes, innovate to resolve gaps, and execute the necessary resolutions.
- Maintain a detailed understanding and continuous updated knowledge of organizational information, collaborating across all departments to be the hub of knowledge for IFM customers.
- Provide general support to Event & Experience Managers and Supervisors.
- Adjust to changing priorities and responsibilities as project and program demands grow and develop.
- As needed, provide support with set-up, registration, sales, take-down, customer support, and post-event follow-up and evaluations at IFM conferences.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of materials for in-person and live-stream educational programs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, utilizing excellent grammar and professional tone.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent skills in relationship-driven customer service, organization, and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to, anticipate, and communicate the customer’s perspective to make decisions that may have an impact across multiple departments and outside IFM.
- Engage in skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry over the phone, in person, and via electronic media—and across multiple geographical locations.
- Work independently and collaborate as part of a team on communication processes, goals, schedules, and outcomes.
- Must be able to produce or conceptualize elements of innovation, utility, and imagination toward project improvement, insight, or reflection.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ customer service experience.
- Must have demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and CRM.
- Ability to efficiently handle 100-200 incoming calls and emails per week.
- Type at least 60 WPM.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to and learn new technologies and software.
- Light moving, transporting, and positioning of items weighing less than 10 pounds.
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, kneeling, twisting, grasping, and walking for general office duties and travel as required.
- General indoor office environment.
- Regularly exposed to computer monitors and shared workspaces. The noise level in the work environment is typically at a white-noise level.
Hours of Work:
- 0-5% (zero to three trips per year).
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IFM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.