The Institute for Functional Medicine is looking for a highly motivated individual who is driven to grow with a dynamic organization. If providing outstanding customer service, working with a team to define and execute HR and organization strategies, our mission, and being part of a fun, quirky, passionate beyond bounds, somewhat-type-A team excites you, IFM might be for you. As the HR Business Partner, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintains, processes, and manages IFM’s HRIS platform for personnel files, payroll, compensation and benefits, employee relations records, checklists, scheduling and timekeeping approvals, surveys, onboarding, recruitment, performance management, and more;
- Leads talent recruiting including researches, identifies, and establishes relationships with talent pools and talent sources;
- Plans, develops, and implements onboarding and off-boarding processes;
- Researches and responds to employee questions, concerns and grievances; serves as an advocate when appropriate;
- Coach and educate leaders on compensation philosophies and practices such as base pay, merit increases and all other compensation related topics;
- Contribute to the organization’s performance management efforts through assisting with the creation of tools and resources designed to grow and develop our employees
- Process semi-monthly payroll;
- Serves as primary contact for FMLA and other leaves of absence administration;
- Contributing your distinct perspective to team projects, recognizing that your voice has value, and that fresh eyes bring novel ideas;
- Communicating clearly, efficiently, and with honesty and willingness to lean into hard situations productively, toward the goal of growth and shared understanding;
- Strong written, verbal, listening, critical thinking and inquiry skills;
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functions;
- Demonstrated ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to effectively manage overlapping priorities from multiple stakeholders;
- Comprehensive in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations pertaining to employment and labor practices;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work within constraints as well as challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated coaching and consulting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement HR policies and processes for a growing organization and work collaborative with IFM management teams;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints. Must be able to grasp broad concepts and ideas to formulate action items;
- Must have demonstrated expertise with MS Office Suite; PowerPoint, Adobe PS/ID, and database software; willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software;
- Must be able to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans, and to inquire for clarification as appropriate;
- Must be able to engage in skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry, over the phone, in person, and via electronic media – and across multiple geographical locations;
- Must be able to maintain a high level of discretion with confidential information;
- Must have a positive attitude, be detail and customer oriented and display good multitasking and organizational ability;
- Must be able to receive guidance and oversight from the Director of HR.
Education, Licenses, Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of 5 years’ of HR generalist required;
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.