In this role, the Online Learning Maintenance Coordinator researches and recommends process, product, and service improvements and solves unique and complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify solutions.
This role requires a specialized depth of expertise and knowledge in the area of Online Learning. Under the direction of the Associate Director for Online Learning, this role is responsible for:
- Maintenance of Online Learning Assets
- Project Management
- Curriculum Development
- Technical Maintenance of
- Relationship Management
- Maintenance of Online Learning Assets:
- Monitors ongoing timelines focused on the lifecycle of Online Learning assets, including:
- Review of assets.
- Technical upkeep of assets.
- Integrating with the website and communications team regarding all aspects of the Online Learning product lifecycle: development, maintenance, retirement, and repurposing.
Monitors and manages IFM’s Online Learning Team projects from initiation through completion; assists with planning as directed by supervisor; creates, maintains, and updates program objectives and project timelines; coordinates project planning, resourcing, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and collaboration within and outside of the Medical Education department.
- Other Important Online Learning Functions:
- Curriculum Development:
- Incorporates IFM-specific QA requirements related to copyright, citations, ADA compliance, standards, and any others at the direction of the AD.
- Assists in planning, production, and revisions of Functional Medicine curriculum Online Learning projects and other Continuing Medical Education (CME) events, new and ongoing, as assigned by the Associate Director of Online Learning.
- Reviews program PowerPoint presentations and Online Learning programs of various kinds and works directly with the Clinical or Program Coordinator for the production of the program content.
- Collaborates with the Medical Education team and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure that educational content is of high professional quality and incorporates elements of adult learning and instructional design into presentations, with an emphasis on outcome measures regarding the learning objectives.
- Works with Marketing to ensure the educational event materials, program schedules, and promotional materials are available to fulfill IFM Marketing deadlines.
- Relationship Management:
- Ensures development team members, program speakers, and reviewers are meeting production timelines and manages ongoing production needs.
- Participates in IFM online forums, webinars, and other interactive activities with practitioners and participants as needed
- When applicable, collaborates with the Continuing Education Manager to ensure adherence to ACCME Continuing Medical Education (CME) rules and standards.
- Collaborates within and outside of the Medical Education department on the development and evaluation of new promotional/educational Functional Medicine product ideas, as well as enhancements to existing products or strategic product extensions, and translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Acts as a Functional Medicine ambassador for IFM when present for onsite and online events, providing expertise, offering support, and receiving feedback from partners, attendees, and other third parties—through both formal and informal arrangements.
- Strong technical skills in current Online Learning platforms & authoring tools
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, project management, and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be able to enact skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry, and be able to communicate large amounts of information into concise, actionable language over the phone, in person, and via electronic media—and across multiple geographical locations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate concepts, directives, and requests to directors, peers, colleagues, and external parties.
- Driven, self-organized team player with demonstrated project management skills and the ability to achieve objectives and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts, directives, and requests to directors, peers, colleagues, and external parties.
- Ability to collaborate for direction on processes, goals, schedules, and outcomes, and work independently to contribute to achieving project goals.
- Ability to make decisions guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or another training-related field preferred.
- 1+ year experience in Online Learning project development and coordination.
Licenses, Certificates, or Registrations:
- Instructional design and/or Online Learning certification preferred.
- Must have expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software such as:
- Articulate 360 suite of tools (Storyline, Rise, Review, etc.).
- Learning Management Systems (Absorb).
- Light moving, transporting, and positioning of items weighing less than 10 pounds.
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, kneeling, twisting, grasping, and walking for general office duties and travel as required.
- General indoor office environment.
- Regularly exposed to computer monitors and shared workspaces. The noise level in the work environment is typically at a white-noise level.
Hours of Work:
- May require work outside of standard business hours.
- 5-10% (three to six trips per year).
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.