Please read the registration, cancellation, and participation policies on this page. Completing this purchase signifies that you have read and agree to IFM’s policies.
Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Modules®(APM) Cardiometabolic 2024Conference
Transforming the Assessment, Prevention, and Management of Chronic Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disorders
- Only the CME option is eligible for commensurate CME or CPD credits. More Info
- Automatic discounts, including membership pricing, have already been applied for logged in users. More Info
- This course is part of the IFM Certification Program. More Info
- This course is eligible for Resident and Medical Student Tuition. More Info
- IFM offers a military discount. More Info
- All times are displayed in Pacific Time (PT).
During the past decade, convincing evidence has accumulated that conquering heart disease is not simply a
matter of driving serum cholesterol down. In fact, one half of the people who have a heart attack have normal
cholesterol and now low cholesterol is being associated with a significant risk of early cognitive decline. New information is available. Clinicians are no longer limited to using antiquated measures of cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugars as the primary markers of increased risk for cardiometabolic disorders: advanced lipid assays, markers of oxidative stress, inflammation, hormones, and body composition are all providing new opportunities for safer and more effective early interventions to prevent and reverse cardiometabolic disease.
IFM’s cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
The module will help clinicians understand the physiology underlying cardiometabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, new approaches to effective assessments and treatments, and how to integrate these lifesaving tools into practice.
Schedule and Educators
Schedule will be available at a later date.
Schedule will be available at a later date.
Schedule will be available at a later date.
- CME credit, if CME option is selected for purchase
- A step toward becoming an IFM Certified Practitioner
- Entirely online; access the broadcast from anywhere with a stable internet connection
- Interactive conference platform that allows you to connect with other attendees in real-time
- Course materials: PDFs of all presentations as well as MP3 audio and MP4 video downloads
- Pre- and post-course interactive videos and webinars
- More than 19 hours of lectures, Q&A sessions, and discussion (see the “Schedule and Educators” section for a full schedule of topics)
- 30-day access to IFM’s Toolkit with more than 430 downloadable clinician resources that can be accessed and used in practice immediately after the course (Intake forms, patient handouts, and assessment questionnaires)
- Morning movement activities
- Live Q&A sessions with presenters
- Opportunities to ask additional questions on a post-conference private Facebook group moderated by IFM faculty
- Dietary Supplement Quality Educational Materials: Supplement Training Guide; includes clinician tools “Brand Quality Checklist” and “Dietary Supplement Ingredients Quality Checklist”
Clinical competencies to be mastered through the module:
- Utilize the functional medicine matrix model to develop an effective systems biology organization when taking a cardiovascular medical history.
- Evaluate the evidence demonstrating the primary mechanisms underlying the relationship between endothelial dysfunction and the progressive development of atherosclerosis.
- Identify the relationships between chronic stress and the development of dyslipidemias, hypertension, weight gain, and metabolic syndrome.
- Evaluate and utilize new assessment approaches for identifying chronic inflammation, oxidative stress, autoimmunity, toxicity, and hormonal dysregulation in patients with cardiometabolic dysfunction.
- Analyze the most practical and useful laboratory assessments and biomarkers necessary to evaluate cardiovascular risks and recognize functional patterns associated with metabolic disease.
- Evaluate and utilize specific nutrients, phytonutrients, botanicals, pharmaceuticals, dietary plans, stress reduction techniques, and lifestyle interventions to improve the prevention and management of patients with hypertension, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
In each of IFM’s Advanced Practice Modules we have added additional practical information to help you translate the laboratory and nutraceutical recommendations we discussed into action. You have access to two quick-reference guides which summarize condition-specific laboratory assessment and nutraceutical interventions, which will help you efficiently create personalized assessment and treatment plans.
The CME option is intended for clinicians who need to fulfill continuing education requirements. If you do not need CME credits, you may purchase the non-CME option.
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization regarding the acceptance of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM from ACCME-accredited organizations.
IFM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Functional Medicine designates this activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Specific CME information coming soon.
*CME credits are subject to change.
Registration, Participation, and Cancellation Policies
Program materials and CME certificates are delivered to you through your personal IFM online account. For this reason, you may not register multiple people or someone other than yourself. No registrations will be taken after 4:00 pm PT, Thursday, January 18, 2024.
Live-stream participation from January 19 – 21, 2024, is required for this IFM program. You must participate in the broadcast by logging in to your unique IFM account to receive CME credit and to fulfill IFM Certification Program requirements. Livestream log-in information is unique and cannot be shared. Those who do not log in through their own IFM account during the live broadcast will be removed from the program and will not receive program materials, recordings, CME credit, or credit toward the IFM Certification Program.
Cancellations must be received in writing no later than January 18, 2024, to be eligible for a refund. Tuition is non-transferable. Failure to log in to the livestream broadcast with no prior written cancellation will result in complete forfeiture of tuition and the course will not count toward certification (nonrefundable, nontransferable, no exceptions). Program materials are available only to participants. Just as is the case with in-person courses, participation is limited to the paid registrant. Log-in information is unique and cannot be shared.
Cancellation requests must be submitted via the Course Cancellation Form. IFM will reply with a written acknowledgement once processed.
My registration for the Advanced Practice Module (APM) signifies that I have read and agreed to IFM’s cancellation policy found above. My participation in the APM is not a substitute for any licensing requirements that may be applicable to me and does not independently authorize me to render care, prescribe regimens, or prescribe medications or supplements. My activities in the health and wellness field remain subject to my education, qualifications, and licensure.
Live Stream Information
Before registering for the Livestream event, please click the button below to test your device’s ability to support livestreaming.
Additional information related to how to access livestreams (including system requirements) can be found in our FAQ section.
DCs may or may not be eligible for CME through livestream. Please check with your state board.
Live Stream Chat Policy
The chat feature allows for our livestream learners to interact with their colleagues throughout this program. While we know our community has high standards for interacting respectfully with their peers and would never abuse the chat feature, we want to remind you that recruiting, advertising, soliciting, or spamming is not permitted. IFM reserves the right to remove individuals or specific comments from the chat and chat logs.
This program is being livestreamed from the actual event location over the internet to provide you with the ability to access this educational program from the comfort of your home or office. Although we are confident that the quality of this program will be outstanding, there may be occasional interruptions due to the nature of online streaming. All recordings of the educational sessions will be provided after the course.
We ask that you understand the nature of the internet and refrain from unnecessary comments in the chat regarding your internet issues, or the issues of others, that may occur. IFM and Digitell are doing the best that they can to deliver this program, and we are confident that the event will be an overall success.
Thank you for your understanding.
Exhibiting opportunities available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For conference accommodations or modifications due to a disability please let us know here: