About the Functional Medicine Group Mentorship Sessions
Mentorship sessions are an opportunity to discuss cases in a group setting with peers and receive guidance from an experienced IFM mentor in applying the Functional Medicine approach. IFM mentors are IFM Certification Program (IFMCP) graduates and educators who have years of experience teaching, mentoring, and practicing the Functional Medicine Model. Group sessions are both topic-specific and case-based. The initial session will be a case presentation by the mentor leading the group in which they will demonstrate use of the timeline, matrix, and Functional Medicine diagnostic and therapeutic tools. During the subsequent seven sessions, participants will be assigned to present their own cases with discussion and clinical guidance from the mentor. Other group members are encouraged to engage in discussion and ask questions. Case presentations will be done in SOAP note format, and mentees are required to include a timeline and matrix for their chosen patient.
Areas of Specialty: Pediatrics, Autism, Folate & Methylation Biochemestry, Mitochondria, GI.
Times are listed in Pacific Time:
Group Session 1: Tuesday, September 29– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 2: Tuesday, October 6– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 3: Tuesday, October 13– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 4: Tuesday, October 20– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 5: Tuesday, October 27– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 6: Tuesday, November 3– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 7: Tuesday, November 10– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Group Session 8: Tuesday, November 17– 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Groups will never have more than seven practitioners (mentees) participating in the sessions.
- Review the “Schedule of Sessions” section in this page and make sure your availability aligns with the dates listed, then add the product to your cart using the “Add to Cart” button to go through the checkout process.
- Upon registration, you will receive a purchase confirmation email with the details of your transaction and a separate email with the details of your mentorship sessions, including a link to join the sessions on the scheduled dates.
- This is a series of eight 75-minute group sessions. If you’d like to schedule an individual session, please visit our mentorship page for more details.
- Our group mentorship sessions are taught in a case-based format. In the initial session, the mentor will present a case. The format is meant to foster interactive, problem-based discussions. Online mentorship sessions provide the opportunity for mentees to present cases to their mentors and discuss strategies for patient care within the Functional Medicine framework. A review of the IFM Timeline and Matrix, assessment/diagnostics, and therapeutic management are all possible during these sessions.
- While this program provides an opportunity for you to cultivate a deeper understanding of the practice of Functional Medicine, absolutely no HIPAA-sensitive materials should be shared during these sessions.
- The mentorship sessions will be offered online through teleconferencing using the digital meeting platform Zoom. You must have Zoom installed on your computer before your mentorship session.
- Please note that tablets and mobile devices are not recommended due to connectivity concerns.
Cancellations occurring at least 96 hours before the first session will receive a 100% refund of fees paid. Cancellations occurring within 96 hours of the first session will result in forfeiture of fees paid. There are no exceptions to this policy. Should IFM/the mentor cancel a session, a 100% refund of fees paid will be granted. If you need to cancel for any reason, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Mumper went beyond her duty and emailed us great information and links to research articles. I am still reading through them and realizing how important the information is.