N Sight is the Institute for Functional Medicine’s free clinician resource for information about how to perform a physical exam through a nutritional lens. You can detect nutritional imbalances, and expanding your physical exam skills can save you time and expensive laboratory testing.
N Sight includes clinical exam videos, an image library, quick reference guides, companion guides, and an extensive citations resource.
Four physical exam sites are included in this resource right now:
- Blood Pressure, with Michael Stone, MD
- Dental, with Mary Ellen Chalmers, DMD
- Nails, with Kara Fitzgerald, ND
- Skin, with Elizabeth Boham, MD
New exams are added periodically.
Learn how to assess nutritional status and personalize recommendations through the nutrition-oriented physical exam. With very simple techniques, you can save time with patients and discuss targeted nutritional and supplement interventions.
- Your N Sight materials will be delivered electronically to your online account directly upon purchase.
- The Quick Guides are provided as downloadable PDFs.
- The PDFs and videos are available to both view and download for one full year.
- Exams include the dental, skin, nails, and blood pressure exams.
- New exams are added periodically.