New! $500 Discount on AFMCP March + Payment Plan Option Now Available. LEARN MORE
Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) integrates the latest medical research with a model of care that accounts for each patient’s individual history, genetics, and lifestyle factors. As a result of attending this course, clinicians are able to design effective, personalized treatments for every patient. Below, we have provided the top 10 reasons why you should attend this premier, five-day foundational course in Functional Medicine.
- The premier Functional Medicine foundational course and the most comprehensive Functional Medicine training available. Attendees receive an in-depth, evidence-based overview of the six physiological systems—cardiometabolic, immune, hormone, energy, gastrointestinal, and detox—which provide a firm foundation for treating all types of clinical disorders.
- Facilitator-led education. IFM-trained clinicians are by your side all week to help you get hands-on experience with the clinical concepts so you go home ready to integrate them into your practice.
- Case-based training. IFM believes we learn best when we put theory into practice. AFMCP pairs cutting-edge, evidence-based research and clinical understanding with real-life medical cases you may encounter every day.
- Built on the premise that we learn better together. AFMCP provides many opportunities to interact with your colleagues. Attendees sit in small groups throughout the entire week and engage with each other and expert educators in breakout case study sessions. Attendees are also given multiple opportunities to network with their peers.
- Diverse educators who are the best in their fields. IFM’s educational programs are led by a diverse set of educators with areas of expertise that include the microbiome, genomic medicine, clinical nutrition, and lifestyle change. Educators are drawn from clinical practice, education, and research, and each educator has several years of experience practicing Functional Medicine.
- Open to various healthcare fields. Anyone who is interested in gaining foundational training in Functional Medicine may attend AFMCP.
- Fulfills the first of seven courses required for IFM Certification in Functional Medicine. IFM has designed AFMCP to act as the foundational course in our IFM Certification Program (IFMCP), which is the gold standard of Functional Medicine training. If you decide to take future Functional Medicine courses with us, this can culminate in IFMCP certification.
- Offered multiple times a year in the US and throughout the world. AFMCP is now offered multiple times a year in locations throughout the United States. In 2017, AFMCP will be offered in London and Lima, Peru. In 2018, AFMCP is scheduled to take place in London again. Stay tuned for more exciting locations.
- In premier hotel locations in the most exciting cities. AFMCP is always located in premier hotels in cities with lots of things to do and places to see. IFM provides attendees with recommended restaurants and sites to visit during their stay.
- All catered food is based on IFM’s Elimination Diet Food Plan. At IFM, we put Functional Medicine into practice by only serving food on breaks found in our Elimination Diet Food Plan. This includes gluten- and dairy-free food.
And to celebrate the new year, IFM is giving everyone a $500 discount on the March 2018 offering of AFMCP and making it easier for clinicians to attend by providing payment plan options available until February 12, 2018. One more reason to register for AFMCP today!