|Coupon Codes for AIC 2020 Attendees|
|AIC$||$100 discount for upcoming APMs and AIC 2021|
|FoodPlan$||$50 off Therapeutic Food Plan|
*Both coupons expire June 21, 2020
*Neither coupon codes are case sensitive
|How to Access|
|Virtual Exhibit Hall|
|Live Stream Features|
To earn CME credit for this course, you must:
- Log in to the broadcast, June 12-13, and receive 80% or greater on the post-course test.
- Complete at least four concurrent sessions between June 14 and 21.
The following materials have been added to your account on the IFM website:
- Pre-Course Recordings: There is one pre-course recording available in your IFM account. Please take time to watch this video in preparation for the more advanced concepts that will be presented in the module:
- Creating ATM Case Maps for Your Inflammaging and Autoimmune Patients with Sam Yanuck, DC, FACFN, FIAMA
- Course Materials:
- PDFs of Plenary Session Slides
- Poster Session Abstracts
- List of Books Authored by the Functional Medicine Community
- Cooking Demo and Smoothie Bar Recipes
- Log in to the IFM website using your email address and password.
- Select My Education from the menu on the left.
- Select My Courses.
Connect with other attendees to expand your professional network, participate in Q&A sessions, and view the schedule and directory of exhibitors and educators. Download the conference app to keep information at your fingertips.
- Download the IFM Programs app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Enter your IFM email address. Enter the password ifmapp.
- Select the 2020 AIC event.
Connect with educators and other fellow attendees to share resources and discussions in the AIC 2020 Facebook Group. To Join: Click here or, using your Facebook account, search “IFM AIC 2020,” select “Join,” and enter the quick approval code: AIC2020.
New to AIC this year is Braindate—a peer learning experience designed to facilitate intentional, informal conversations with others at AIC. Braindates are like in-person conversations over coffee: a space to share information and best practices, get feedback on what products other practitioners use, learn directly from your peers, and share insights about distilling those learnings into your business.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create a Braindate profile and view currently scheduled topics.
- Join Braindate topics you find interesting.
- Create your own topics so that others can join you for a Braindate.
- Meet up virtually on the Braindate Platform during the scheduled time.
During the conference, visit the booths in our Virtual Exhibit Hall to see the latest innovations in nutraceuticals, laboratories, practice management software, and medical devices. The Virtual Exhibit Hall is an interactive tour where you will find show specials, clinical research, webinars, prize giveaways, and more. The Exhibit Hall will be open throughout the Annual Conference. Check out the full list of exhibitors here.
You can access the Virtual Exhibit Hall now by following this link.
IFM Resource Center: Visit the IFM Resource Center in the Virtual Exhibit Hall to learn more about IFM Programs and chat with staff, peruse the poster sessions, or stop by for facilitated Zoom chats hosted during the morning and afternoon breaks on Friday and Saturday.
The scheduled Zoom Chat sessions will include:
- Information and Q&A about IFM’s newest online learning course offering: Therapeutic Food Plans
- Meet and greet with IFM CEO Amy R. Mack
- Program information and Q&A with the IFM Certification team
- Information and Q&A about the Functional Medicine Mentorship Program
Enjoy 30-minute cooking demos with handcrafted recipes using healthy, whole-food ingredients. Attend these online demonstrations to learn new cooking techniques or discover a new recipe. The cooking demos will feature a variety of recipes, such as shrimp shirataki stir-fry and quinoa chicken salad, all drawn from IFM’s food plans. View and download all the recipes here.
Our smoothie experts show you how to make perfect smoothies every time, with easy-to-follow instruction. You’ll have two opportunities to make your own smoothies using healthy recipes featuring fresh berries, greens, herbs, and more. Take a peek at the smoothie recipes here.
Join us on Friday and Saturday for some early morning movement!
On Friday from 6:00-6:45 am PDT, we will offer a neuromuscular integrative action (NIA) class. NIA is a fun, low-impact cardio dance fitness workout that combines a variety of dance styles, martial arts, yoga, and more. NIA is adaptable for every body and fitness level
On Saturday, there will be an all-levels, easy flow yoga class offered from 6:00-6:45 am PDT. The postures, breathing exercises, and meditation techniques from yoga will set you up for a great day ahead. Practicing yoga keeps you centered and connected to purpose.
Check out the latest literary offerings from thought leaders in the Functional Medicine community. This definitive bibliography highlights books authored by members of the Board of Directors, IFM educators, and this year’s slate of AIC presenters. View the book list here.
Industry experts will present their research through electronic poster displays. You can view abstracts prior to the conference by clicking this link or navigating to the poster sessions in your IFM account under “My Education” and “My Courses.”
Friday, June 12
Choose between two presentations:
- Sponsored by Microbiome Labs: Jill Carnahan, MD, will present “Viral Infections in Chronic Illness: A Primer for Testing and Treatment.” – Optional, Non-CME
- Sponsored by Pure Encapsulations: Nathan Morris, MD, will present “How to be Proactive in a Reactive Time: Tools and Strategies for Engaging and Empowering Patients.” – Optional, Non-CME
Saturday, June 13
In the morning, enjoy a presentation sponsored by Genova Diagnostics: Deanna Minich, PhD, IFMCP, will present “Phytonutrients and Immune Health: How Plants Provide Protection During the Pandemic.” – Optional, Non-CME
In the afternoon, choose between two presentations:
- Sponsored by DUTCH Test by Precision Analytical: Doreen Saltiel, MD, JD, and Mark Newman, MS, will present “In Pursuit of Evidence-Based Best Practices: Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT).” – Optional, Non-CME
- Sponsored by Bio-Botanical Research: Kellyann Petrucci, MS, ND, will present “Watch Your Mouth! The Oral-Systemic Connection to Overall Health.” – Optional, Non-CME
Don’t miss IFM’s closing celebrations! On Saturday, June 13, there will be a mocktail mixology class with Kalea Wattles, ND, from 5:30-5:45 pm PDT followed by a Zumba Dance class from 5:45-6:30 pm PDT.
Once you launch the live-stream website, you will have access to the following:
- Sessions: Click on the “Attend Session” button to launch the video player. The player allows you to Chat with other attendees, submit questions to the presenters for the Q&A sessions, access handouts in the Resources, participate in Polling, take Notes that are emailed to you afterward, and share your thoughts on Twitter. Please help us create a positive learning environment by adhering to our Chat Policy.
- Poster Sessions: View posters and access poster session abstracts.
- Exhibit Hall & IFM Resource Center Visit exhibitor booths for information on new supplements, products, and other tools to enhance your practice. The Exhibit Hall will be open throughout the conference and features show specials, clinical research, webinars, prize giveaways, and more. Visit the IFM Resource Center booth for program information and an upcoming course offerings.
- Braindates: Connect with peers for meaningful conversations and build upon topics presented during the event. Braindates are small group discussions that provide an intentional, informal meeting space. Schedule a Braindate now to join a topic group—or create your own!
- Chat Logs: At the conclusion of the conference, click on the “Download Log” button to download a transcript of the chat conversation.
Ensure your device is prepared for the live stream. As a final test, run the System Checker on your computer. If you need assistance, please contact our live-stream provider, Digitell Technical Support. If you have technical questions, email email@example.com. Technical support staff will also be available by telephone beginning one hour before the event:
· Toll-free number: 877.796.1325
· International number: 1.716.664.2041
This year’s AIC is the first of its kind: an entirely online experience. The conference features several interactive components, including Braindate, a video chat platform that will allow you to discuss conference topics in small groups. Our Exhibit Hall is also entirely virtual, allowing you to explore exhibitor booths, attend webinars and live demos, and win prizes. You can also stay connected via the Facebook page and the conference app.
If you already registered for AIC at a higher rate, complete this form to receive a refund for the difference in cost. To expedite the process, please submit your form by June 10, 2020. If you’ve already submitted the request form, we are diligently working to process your refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at 800.228.0622 or email@example.com. We are excited to see you!
The IFM Medical Education Team