IFM is committed to expanding access to functional medicine for all, and that begins with providing more opportunities for practitioners and clinicians. IFM is proud to announce the Functional Medicine for All Scholarship.
The new Functional Medicine for All Scholarship is intended for clinicians who are beginning their certification journey and who are currently working with medically underserved communities. This scholarship delivers on our commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive field of functional medicine practitioners and patients.
Broadening access to functional medicine education allows for a wider range of healthcare providers to acquire more tools to improve the health outcomes of their patients and increases the functional medicine expertise in at-risk communities. This scholarship opportunity serves to:
- Increase access to functional training and education.
- Provide the benefits of functional medicine care to underserved communities.
- Improve outcomes through a personalized, root-cause medicine approach that addresses the social determinants and lifestyle factors that adversely affect health.
The Functional Medicine for All Scholarship will be awarded to up to 12 recipients to attend the upcoming AFMCP Fall 2021 cohort.
To be eligible for a Functional Medicine for All Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be eligible for the IFM Certification Program. LEARN MORE
- Must have taken both the free Introduction to Functional Medicine and Introduction to Functional Nutrition courses prior to the close of the application window.
- Must not have taken AFMCP before and must have taken no more than one APM.
- Must work in or with medically underserved communities. BIPOC practitioners and those working with BIPOC communities are encouraged to apply.
- The 2021 application window for this scholarship is now closed. To be notified of future opportunities, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page
- If you submitted a 2021 application, you will be notified no later than Sept. 1, 2021.
Further scholarship opportunities will become available in late 2021. Join the scholarship’s interest list to get notified:
- For questions, contact email@example.com.
- This scholarship program is made possible, in part, by our generous supporters like you. Support us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or click below to contribute: