As a public service, IFM provides a list of practitioners who have trained with IFM. We are interested in helping patients find healthcare professionals who are familiar with the concepts and approaches of functional medicine.
The most experienced practitioners are IFM Certified Practitioners. IFM Certified Practitioners have passed IFM’s rigorous Certification Program—completing the foundational training program (Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice) along with six Advanced Practice Modules. Following this training process, IFM Certified Practitioners have also passed the IFM Certification Program Case Study and Written Test requirements.
The second category of practitioners listed has completed our five-day foundational course, Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP). AFMCP is our premier course—and graduates of that course have been exposed to a common knowledge base and understanding of functional medicine. Completing the course, however, is only one of many activities a clinician will undertake before deciding how to practice and how to handle your care. It is your responsibility to ask how IFM programs—or other experiences—have affected the practitioner’s approach to patient care.
Disclaimer: Because functional medicine is an approach to health care—and not a separate profession—practitioners from many different disciplines take IFM courses, purchase books and tapes, and are members of IFM with access to many functional medicine resources. It is, therefore, very important for patients to realize that selecting a practitioner from this database does not substitute for a thorough investigation of your chosen clinician’s professional degree and training, clinical experience, scope of practice, participation (or not) in the reimbursement system, malpractice coverage, and other similar criteria. Practitioners are solely responsible for entering and updating the information displayed in their profiles. IFM is not responsible for any inaccurate, out-of-date, or missing information within individual practitioner profiles. IFM does not investigate the education or credentials of the people who attend our courses or purchase our educational materials; we do not rate or rank practitioners; and we are not able to advise you about any particular clinician’s expertise or scope of practice. IFM reserves the right to remove a practitioner from the Find A Practitioner database for any reason. This database is for personal use and may not be used for commercial purposes.
I have read and understood this disclaimer, and I accept its stipulations. I do not and will not hold IFM responsible for the background, education, licensure, scope of practice, or clinical expertise of any practitioner I may contact as a result of using this database. Should I experience an unsatisfactory outcome of care with anyone named in this database, I will not hold IFM responsible for that outcome.
Disclaimer: Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before opting to list your profile on IFM’s Find a Practitioner database.
Find a Practitioner (insert hyperlink) is an IFM-owned database wherein practitioners create a profile with details of their clinical practice for the purpose of introducing their services to prospective patients. By creating a profile on this site, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- You must maintain an IFM membership to be eligible to be listed in this directory.
- You are responsible for creating your profile, the accuracy of the information therein, and for keeping it updated and current.
- In order to be visible in search results, you must enter your complete clinic address, including city and state. For technical reasons, IFM is unable to make exceptions to this requirement.
- Your profile will be hidden until you mark it “public.”
- If your membership lapses, your profile will no longer be visible; and upon renewal, you must go back into your account to mark your profile “public” again.
- All use of Find a Practitioner is at your own risk. IFM does not guarantee patient referrals or make practitioner recommendations of any kind. The Find a Practitioner database is a free tool, open to the public and IFM does not, in any way, screen public users.
- IFM does not approve or endorse the contact, for commercial purposes, of any practitioner listed on this site.
- IFM reserves the right to remove a practitioner from the database for any reason and at any time.
I have read, understand, and accept the Terms and Conditions outlined above.
 IFM uses a Google-based search and locator to place practitioners on the map and it requires a street address, including the city and state.