- Accepts Insurance
- Consultations Online
- Consultations by Phone
Information for Patients
From the practitioner: About My Practice
8th Sense is situated in Johannesburg (Sandton CBD) and has been operating since 2005 under the care of Dr Sly Nedic.
We offer a Functional and Integrative Medicine approach to patients suffering from obesity, insulin resistance, fibromyalgia, various autoimmune conditions, male and female hormonal issues and many more.
For patients requiring help with weight loss, we combine non-invasive aesthetic body procedures with a Functional Medicine approach to find the root cause and achieve sustainable results.
Dr. Nedic also offers anti-aging and bio-Identical hormone replacement, preventive genetics, and aesthetics for any individual wanting to improve their well-being and longevity.
From the practitioner: What Patients Can Expect
All treatments are tailored to the individual's unique needs, conditions, and circumstances.
We will take time to establish the root cause of patients' disorders, considering genetic predispositions, lifestyle factors, and mental, spiritual and emotional influences. We then use personalised nutrition, lifestyle corrections, botanicals and supplements to facilitate the body’s own ability to restore health. Patients are equal partners in the healing process and their engagement is essential to achieving the desired outcome. With guidance and health coaching by Dr. Nedic, patients are taught how to take control of their health.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Functional Medicine
- Health Coaching
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Female Disorders
- Gluten Sensitivity
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Metabolic Syndrome (pre-diabetes, insulin resistance)
- Skin Disorders
- Stress-related Conditions
- Thyroid, adrenal and other hormonal disorders
- Weight or Metabolism concerns
Graduate School Education
Medical Doctor (Faculty of Medicine Belg.), Preventive Genetics, Anti-aging medicine diplomat (WOSAAM), AFMCP.
HPCSA (South Africa,) WOSAAM (Europe), Academy Reunis (Europe), IFM (USA)
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Bioenergetics (formerly Energy) Advanced Practice Module
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Environmental Health (formerly Detox) Advanced Practice Module
- GI Advanced Practice Module
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Immune Advanced Practice Module