- Consultations Online
Information for Patients
From the practitioner: About My Practice
FAIM is an online telemedicine practice that integrates functional medicine with health coaching. At FAIM we use the tools of Functional Medicine to get to the root cause of symptoms and illness. We offer innovative testing and treatment protocols that are tailored to meet your needs.
Dr Rathod has been an integrative practitioner since 2000 and has been certified in Functional Medicine since its inception in 2013. She is both an internist and rheumatologist. Katie Sherman is certified through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy as a health coach and has worked with Dr. Rathod since 2008.
Dr. Rathod also works part-time as a practitioner with PALM Health, a health and wellness center in St. Louis, Missouri.
From the practitioner: What Patients Can Expect
We start with a free 15-minute Discovery Call and follow you through your transformative journey as we collaborate with you to discover the root cause of your illness and the actionable lifestyle changes we help you make. Our patients state that their visits leave them feeling hopeful and inspired rather than frustrated and unheard.
The process of helping you fulfill your goals is transformative to us as well. This is truly full circle. We help you and it helps us grow as practitioners. We are always eternally grateful for your trust in us and your referrals.
- Functional Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Depression, Anxiety or Bipolar Disorder
- Digestive disorders
- Gluten Sensitivity
- Infections (acute and chronic low-grade such as Lyme, Candidiasis etc.)
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Male disorders
- Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Metabolic Syndrome (pre-diabetes, insulin resistance)
- Migraines and Headaches
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Skin Disorders
- Stress-related Conditions
- Thyroid, adrenal and other hormonal disorders
- Weight or Metabolism concerns
Graduate School Education
Washington University in STL for Rheumatology: University of Illinois at UC for Internal Medicine Residency.
Institute of Functional Medicine, American College of Rheumatology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Bioenergetics (formerly Energy) Advanced Practice Module
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Environmental Health (formerly Detox) Advanced Practice Module
- GI Advanced Practice Module
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Immune Advanced Practice Module