The Candidate Resource Center supports approved IFM Certification Program (IFMCP) candidates, as well as Certified Practitioners intending to re-test. An approved candidate is someone who has completed an IFMCP application, submitted the application materials, and received notification of acceptance into IFMCP.
November 2019 Exam: Important Dates/Deadlines
- April 12, 2019: The case submission tool can be purchased starting on this date ($800 case fee). The tool is used to submit your case report.
- August 12, 2019: Deadline for the submission of your case report, the Application to Take the IFMCP Written Exam (including the $800 written exam fee), and a copy of your current healthcare license.
- September 9, 2019: Registration begins through Pearson Professional Centers for the written exam by calling 877.435.1414 ext. 6 or by visiting http://pearsonvue.com/ifm/. All locations are closed on Sundays.
- November 2-16, 2019: IFMCP test opens at Pearson Professional Centers.
- December 30, 2019: Candidates are notified of their written exam and case reports results.
Please note: Written Exam testing dates typically occur in April and November of each year. Before scheduling a testing date, IFMCP candidates must meet the requirements #1–4 (found here) by a predetermined date, which is announced several months ahead of the Written Exam.
IFM wants you to earn your certification with ease and in timely fashion, which is why we offer the Certification Program Planner to help you create your own individualized path toward that end. The Planner includes 2018 certification courses, and will be updated with 2019 offerings soon.
In addition, IFM staff are always ready and available to help guide you through the certification process. To find out how to contact us, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
IFMCP’s Candidate Handbook provides in-depth information regarding all the requirements and steps to become an IFM Certified Practitioner, including important dates and eligibility requirements for upcoming testing dates.
The IFMCP Testing Cohort Forum allows candidates to organize study groups, network with your peers, and ask general questions about the testing process. It is monitored by IFM’s Medical Education team and it allows for clinical question as you prepare for the Written Exam.
In addition, IFMCP candidates who are preparing to submit a Case Report and sit for the Written Exam have access to IFM’s Testing Resource Center (TRC), which includes a comprehensive library of all IFMCP-related forms and publications, a case study tool, the study guide, and archived webinars.
Candidates will receive access to the Testing Cohort Forum and the TRC as they get closer to completing the Written Exam and submitting the Case Report.
We are out there filled to the brim. There’s no shortage of patients coming to see us . . . It’s been really hard for the past 10 years to find referrals for patients. So the number one reason why I’d like you to get certified is so that I can send patients your way. —IFM Certified Practitioner