Preparing Candidates To Be the Global Leaders in Functional Medicine
The following are the basic process and requirements to complete the IFM Functional Medicine Certification Program (IFMCP).
- IFMCP Application. Form submission, including resume and/or CV, copy of healthcare degree/diploma, and copy of current/active healthcare license ($225 fee). Apply to IFMCP
- Completed Coursework. Completion of Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) course and all six individual Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Modules (APMs): GI, Environmental Health (formerly Detox), Immune, Hormone, Cardiometabolic, and Bioenergetics (formerly Energy).
Course tuition varies
View IFM’s Planning Calendar
- Case Report. Passing score on one case report submitted using the IFM Case Report Template and received by a designated date ($800 fee).
- Written Exam Form. In addition to paying the Exam Application fee, you must also complete the Written Exam Form and submit a copy of your current healthcare license ($800 fee).
- IFMCP Written Exam. Passing score on the written examination. Candidates may not take the IFMCP written exam until all coursework has been completed, the Case Report has been presented, and the Written Exam Application has been submitted.
- IFM Certification Award. Successful completion of all above requirements within four years from an approved application entitles the candidate to the IFM Certified Practitioner designation.
- Maintenance and Renewal of IFM Certification. To maintain certification, Certified Practitioners must be a current IFM Member and hold an active healthcare license. To renew IFM Certification, one must pass a written examination every tenth year and provide a copy of a current healthcare practitioner license.
I am greatly appreciative of the IFM training and the certification process. This is by far the best training course I have experienced in my entire career. —IFM Certified Practitioner