Modifiable lifestyle factors are critical for achieving optimal health and well-being and research continues to demonstrate how lifestyle-based interventions can improve outcomes for a range of chronic conditions. Knowing the therapeutic benefit of modifying lifestyle behaviors is one side of the coin, but as a practitioner, how can you implement these cost-effective strategies into practice?
Lifestyle: The Foundations of Functional Medicine™ online course provides clinicians with the foundational information, tools, and techniques to implement successful, sustainable lifestyle-based therapeutics in any clinical practice. Lifestyle-based therapies offer a key point of leverage for improving health and clinical outcomes.
Explore the evidence-base for lifestyle-based interventions. Through interactive and detailed modules, you will learn how social determinants of health and other factors such as sleep, nutrition, exercise, stress, and social relationships affect various organ and biological systems. Lifestyle: The Foundations of Functional Medicine offers the clinical insight and tactical skillset to design personalized lifestyle interventions that appropriately address the root causes of chronic disease. Guiding patients towards meaningful, sustainable changes in their health behaviors has the potential to optimize their health today, and help reduce disease risk and burden in the future.
- Key foundational information about the impact of lifestyle—including sleep and rest; exercise and movement; nutrition; relationships; stress management; and behavior modification—on health and well-being.
- How to design lifestyle interventions that appropriately address the causes of chronic conditions and dysfunction.
- Tools and techniques to personalize lifestyle interventions and meet each patient where they are.
- How to improve patient engagement with lifestyle treatments and the important factors in making lifestyle changes sustainable, improving their resulting outcomes.
This course is specifically designed to provide the knowledge and skills to use lifestyle treatments in any clinical practice. This includes primary care providers of all types, nurses, students, nutritionists, health coaches, and any other clinician who has an interest in improving the health of their clients or patients with sustainable lifestyle change. If you are new to lifestyle change or functional medicine this course is for you.
For those clinicians who have taken AFMCP or APMs, this course offers a great refresher on the impact of modifiable lifestyle factors and presents in-depth research on how each on is measurably demonstrated to improve outcomes in various conditions. It provides the tactical skills to effectively apply them in your practice, including how each factor affects various organ systems, and how you can move patients toward sustainable behavior change.
Your registration for Lifestyle: The Foundations of Functional Medicine includes access to a specialized toolkit, as well as clinical pearls and strategies to enhance your practice. These include:
- Up to 4 CME credits, if CME option is selected for purchase.
- Up to 6 hours of highly interactive content divided into easy to navigate, topical segments.
- On-demand access so learners can come and go as they please.
- Access to a selection of downloadable content from IFM’s Toolkit, including patient handouts, customizable food plans, and other tools to assist clinicians in guiding patients through making sustainable lifestyle changes.
- You will maintain access for a period of 6 months.
The CME option is intended for clinicians who need to fulfill continuing education requirements. If you do not need CME credits, you may purchase the non-CME option.
IFM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MD/DO: The Institute for Functional Medicine designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ND: Generally, state naturopathic boards accept courses accredited through the ACCME.
Nursing Professional: The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accept contact hours approved through ACCME.
PA: The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts contact hours approved through ACCME.
RD: The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) accepts contact hours approved through ACCME.
Other: For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization regarding the acceptance of contact hours through ACCME-accredited organizations.
Release and Termination Date
Release Date: November 8, 2022
Last Reviewed Date: August 31, 2022
Termination Date: August 31, 2025
- Your course will be delivered electronically to your online account directly upon purchase.
- For the best user experience, IFM recommends using the Google Chrome web browser to access the course.
- You will have access to the course for 6 months from the date of purchase.
|Cancellation Request Received
|*Given the nature of digital items, refunds or credits on this purchase are not permitted.