- Affirm Financing
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Applying to IFM’s Certification Program
- Case Report and Written Examination
- Find a Practitioner
- General IFM Certification Inquires
- IFM Certification
- IFM Facebook Group
- In Person
- My Account
- Online Learning
- Taking IFM Courses Towards Certification
Do you have any educational materials that will help me prepare for AFMCP?
Yes. As part of your course tuition, you will receive access to an introductory video immediately after you register. Additional course materials will be provided approximately one week prior to the start of the course. We also recommend you take one or both of our free online learning courses, Introduction to Functional Medicine and Introduction to Functional Nutrition.
Can I take another course before taking AFMCP?
Many learners find taking AFMCP first helps them to understand IFM’s proprietary tools, such as the Functional Medicine Matrix, and provides context for the skills, processes, and science behind incorporating Functional Medicine principles into practice. The course is offered multiple times each year in order to meet the needs of clinicians wishing to begin their IFM education with AFMCP. However, AFMCP is not a prerequisite to take any IFM course if you are comfortable with the material to be presented.
Will I be certified as a Functional Medicine practitioner after attending AFMCP?
No. AFMCP is one of seven required courses in the IFM Certification Program. In addition to AFMCP, you must complete the six Advanced Practice Modules as required coursework for the IFM Certification Program.
Will I be listed on the Find A Practitioner search after I attend AFMCP?
After attending AFMCP, you will be eligible to list your profile in our Find A Practitioner search as long as you are also enrolled in the IFM Membership Program. Before your profile is listed, however, you must fill in your practice information and activate your profile to appear in the search. Here are the following instructions to activate your profile:
- Log in to the IFM website using your email address and password.
- Click on “My Practitioner Profile” in the left hand menu of the account page.
- Update your information as you would like it to appear on your listing.
- Make sure to follow instruction to generate the Google GPS coordinates.
- At the bottom of the page change your visibility preferences to “Show my profile in Find A Practitioner results.” (Leave the other option un-checked).
- Click the “Save Profile” button at the bottom of the page to save your information.
Who is AFMCP designed for?
IFM encourages a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. We welcome a variety of licensed healthcare disciplines to AFMCP, including MDs, DOs, NDs, DCs, pharmacists, physician assistants, nursing professionals, and nutrition professionals.